If you're looking for a beach wheelchair that is both highly functional and adjustable, look no further! The Sandcruiser® beach wheelchair is Australian made and one of the most popular chairs on the market.
Looking for a smaller chair? Be sure to view the little sister of Sandcruiser® - the Sandpiper® beach wheelchair.
· Can be pushed along soft or hard sand and into shallow waters
· Provides a smooth ride on sand, snow, grass and gravel
· Made in Australia with marine grade stainless steel - it's super tough!
· 500mm seat height and moveable arms allow for easy user transfer
· No tools required for 2 minute assembly or disassembly
· Compact when disassembled - fits in most medium & large vehicles
· Fully adjustable leg rest
· 360 degree turning front castors
· Unique anti-tip & brake bar + lap belt for the greatest safety
· All assembly pins wired to frame - never lose a part!
· Best low pressure tyres on the market
· Quick release Docril acrylic canvas is UV stabilised
· Approved by the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA)
· Optional snow chains also available
Push Mobility beach access expert review
The Sandcruiser beach wheelchair is a portable and robust beach wheel that's been on the Australian market for many years. What really sets it apart for us is the adjustable nature of the chair, it's high safety rating with anti-tip and breaking and it's high grade stainless construction. The Sandcruiser is a popular choice for many surf clubs throughout Australia, and families looking for a portable chair.
Whilst the chair isn't designed to float, it does offer an excellent experience on the beach and in shallow waters. To gain the longest life out of the fabric, we recommend a wash down after each use and storing the fabric out of direct sunlight.
Before purchasing this chair we recommend;
· Check that the wheelchair will fit in your vehicle
· Check that the dimensions and weight ratings suitable
· Check whether your local surf club already offers free rental
· Consult with your therapist and Push Mobility about suitability
· Consider whether this might be a good fit with your NDIS plan
· For personal use - always trial a wheelchair before purchasing
· Ensure your local beach has safe gradients & surfaces
Assuming proper use within the manufacturer guidelines, Push Mobility offers the following warranty;
· 3 year on structural frame
· 2 year on fabric and components
· Warranty does not apply to punctures, lost parts or improper use
· Chair width (at widest point): 990mm
· Max weight rating: 120kg
· Weight of chair: 30kg
· Seat height: 550mm
· Max hip width: 480mm
· Front wheels: 2 x Wheeleez 30cm x 18cm
· Rear wheels: 2 x Wheeleez 49cm x 23cm
· Colour: Blue (yellow chairs shown are the smaller Sandpiper model)
· Generally in stock and shipped within 1-5 days