The Sandpiper beach wheelchair shares all the great features of the Sandcruiser beach wheelchair - only in a specification for smaller people.
If you're looking for a small beach wheelchair that is both highly functional and adjustable - look no further! The Sandpiper® beach wheelchair is Australian made and one of the most popular chairs on the market.
Looking for a larger chair? Be sure to view the big brother of Sandpiper® - the Sandcruiser® beach wheelchair.
· Can be pushed along soft or hard sand and into shallow waters
· Provides a smooth ride on sand, snow, grass and gravel
· Made in Australia with marine grade stainless steel - it's super tough!
· 470mm seat height and moveable arms allow for easy user transfer
· No tools required for 2 minute assembly or disassembly
· Compact when disassembled - fits in most medium & large vehicles
· Fully adjustable leg rest
· 360 degree turning front castors
· Unique anti-tip & brake bar + lap belt for the greatest safety
· All assembly pins wired to frame - never lose a part!
· Best low pressure tyres on the market
· Quick release Docril acrylic canvas is UV stabilised
· Approved by the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA)
· Optional snow chains also available
Push Mobility beach access expert review
The Sandpiper beach wheelchair is a smaller version of the Sandcruiser beach wheelchair. Whilst there are limited options for children or small people on the market - the Sandpiper doesn't just win by default, it really deserves its place as the most popular option in its category.
Parents are caregivers alike love the portability, additional support, adjustability and safety options that come with the Sandpiper. The high quality construction of this chair means most owners can privately resell this chair and upgrade to a larger Sandcruiser or floating beach wheelchair when the time is right.
Whilst the chair isn't designed to float, it does offer an excellent experience on the beach and in shallow waters. To gain the longest life out of the fabric, we recommend a wash down after each use and storing the fabric out of direct sunlight.
Before purchasing this chair we recommend;
· Check that the wheelchair will fit in your vehicle
· Check that the dimensions and weight ratings suitable
· Check whether your local surf club already offers free rental
· Consult with your therapist
· Consider whether this might be a good fit with your NDIS plan
· For personal use - always trial a wheelchair before purchasing
· Ensure your local beach has safe gradients & surfaces